Manuals and instructions for everything

why does my baby like to sleep on me

I recommend happiest baby on the block to everyone. It works 95% of the time for us. the other 5% is a day when my Lo just wants to be on the boob all day so she just falls asleep in bed with me and we co sleep. My Lo wouldn't sleep practically anywhere but on me from the day she was born until I watched this movie. Once I watched this movie my Lo started sleeping in her bassinet for about 2 hours right from the start and now has increased to a good 4 hour stretch the first part of the night and then about 2-3 after nursing her in bed during the night, which sometimes ends up in cosleeping because we both just fall asleep.
Remember when you used to lay down, close your eyes, and just sleep? Remember when Saturdays meant you could sleep in? Remember when you were woken up by an alarm clock rather than a crying baby?

When baby doesn t sleep, no one sleeps, and while it is natural for young infants to wake frequently during the night, an older baby who s up all night can really start to wear down his parents. If your baby just isn t sleeping through the night, you re probably beginning to feel pretty desperate. You want to know Why won t my baby sleep? and, most importantly, How can I get my baby to sleep? There are many reasons why a baby won t sleep, but when your baby is blind you have even more issues to consider. We ve compiled five reasons why a baby might not sleep. Some of these problems are experienced by all babies, some are specific to blind babies. Following each sleep problem is a sleep solution, including ideas on how you may overcome your baby s sleep problem.

Each baby is different and what works for one may not work for another. Pick a solution that seems to best fit your situation and give it a week trial. If it doesn t work, move on to another. We know you ll find something that works! Sleep Problem #1: You rock and sing your baby to sleep and he goes down within five minutes. But for how long? He s up again in an hour and you pick him up, rock him, and sing until he falls asleep again. An hour later, he s up! And on it goes all night. The problem with this scenario, according to experts, is that your baby has not learned the skill of putting himself to sleep. We all wake up now and then throughout the night as we move between different levels of sleep.

The difference with most adults, however, is that we can simply roll over and go back to sleep. Babies who have always been put to sleep may not develop the skills necessary to put themselves back to sleep once they ve woken in the middle of the night. Sleep Problem #2: Sometimes your baby goes down for a nap in the middle of the day and just won t wake up. Other times she s up all night and wants to play. The problem here may be that your baby has little or no light perception and cannot differentiate between day and night. Sleep Problem #3: Maybe you have a mellow baby or maybe your baby is delayed in some of his gross motor skills. Either way, if your baby is passive most of the day and doesn t spend much energy he may not be ready for bed at the appointed hour.

Sleep Problem #4: No matter how tired she may be, your baby just loves to get up and play! The problem here may be that your baby craves interaction and wants to have fun all night. Sleep Problem #5: When people ask how your baby sleeps, your answer is that he sleeps wonderfully at 1 pm and terribly at 1 am. If your baby takes long afternoon naps but then has difficulty sleeping at night you may need to take drastic measures. Whether sighted or blind, it s important that your baby gets enough sleep. Hopefully these tips will bring peace to your night time routine. If you ve tried these solutions, however, and your baby still won t sleep it may be time to try the dreaded. Read this article in Arabic: Read this article in Dutch:

  • Views: 64

why does my 5 week old baby not sleep
why does my baby wake up so much at night
why does my baby wake up screaming from naps
why does my baby wake up every hour at night
why does my baby wake up crying from naps
why does my baby wake up crying
why does my baby sleep better with me