Manuals and instructions for everything

why do we need a tax file number

We are committed to providing you with accurate, consistent and clear information to help you understand your rights and entitlements and meet your obligations. If you follow our information and it turns out to be incorrect, or it is misleading and you make a mistake as a result, we will take that into account when determining what action, if any, we should take. Some of the information on this website applies to a specific financial year. This is clearly marked. Make sure you have the information for the right year before making decisions based on that information. If you feel that our information does not fully cover your circumstances, or you are unsure how it applies to you, contact us or seek professional advice.

You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute this material as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).
Your tax file number (TFN) is your personal reference number in the tax and super systems in Australia. Your TFN is an important part of your tax and super records as well as your identity, so you need to keep it secure. When you have been assigned a TFN, it is yours for life. You keep the same TFN even if you change your name, change jobs, move interstate or go overseas.

How you apply for a TFN will depend on your circumstances. There are three main cases. Foreign passport holders, permanent migrants and temporary visitors - You are a foreign passport holder, permanent migrant or temporary visitor To apply online you must have a valid passport or relevant travel documents. Within 28 days you will receive your TFN at the Australian address you provide on your application. You can click to apply. Australian residents you can find all the details. People living outside Australia If you are a non-resident of Australia for tax purposes, you don't need a TFN if you receive only interest, dividends or royalty payments from an Australian source.

Non-resident withholding tax will be deducted before you receive these payments. The amount deducted will vary depending on your country of residence for tax purposes. You need a TFN if you: - receive income from an Australian source other than interest, dividends or royalty payments In this case you can apply for a TFN by downloading and completing this. If you need more information you can visit the nearest Tax Office shopfront site or phone 132861. If you do not speak English you can contact the translating and interpreting service (TIS) on 131450.

  • Views: 33

why does my period blood smell like metal
why does my computer freeze when watching videos
why does it hurt when i poop on my period
why do we pay tax in australia
why do we need evidence based practice
why do we pay taxes in america
why should people check their credit report once a year